header
header
header
> >
#1 Posted by zhangzk 10 months 17 hours ago
zhangzk
218 Forum posts
In each of the last two seasons the Eagles have been to the playoffs Black Stefen Wisniewski Jerseys , strong defensive line play has been crucial in their success in the regular and post-season. Despite recent success, Eagles are at a crossroads this offseason with how they’re going to build their defensive line going forward. Fletcher Cox is in the prime of his career: coming off his first double-digit sack season, got named to his first All-Pro first team and headed to his fourth straight Pro Bowl honor. Besides Cox, however, the Eagles have more questions than answers. Brandon Graham is set to be a free agent, Chris Long is mulling retirement, Derek Barnett is recovering from a serious shoulder injury, Timmy Jernigan missed more than half the season with a serious hernia and Michael Bennett is in the twilight of his career despite a great session with the team.In short, the Eagles could use some youth at the defensive tackle position and on the edges of the defense. Lucky enough for them; the 2019 class is loaded with players who can impact all over the defensive line. The Eagles’ draft position will keep them out of range for blue chip players like Nick Bosa, Ed Oliver, Clelin Ferrell, Josh Allen and Quinnen Williams; but there are plenty more names to keep an eye on as potential first round options for the Eagles. Defensive TacklesChristian Wilkins, Clemson: One half of Clemson’s dynamic interior duo, Christian Wilkins is a dynamic run defender who can push the pocket. He would be a tremendous rotational piece who could be the long term replacement for Timmy Jernigan. Dexter Lawrence, Clemson: The read on Dexter Lawrence is all over the place; but everyone can agree the junior prospect has tremendous upside. Lawrence is an impressive athlete at 340 pounds and when he puts it together he could be a special, every down defender. Jeffery Simmons Stefen Wisniewski Jerseys 2019 , Mississippi State: Jeffery Simmons is an elite run defender with good athleticism and a lot of physicality. Teams will love how the 300 pounder fights through the whistle on every down, but lack of sack production might hurt his stock in a pass heavy league.Jerry Tillery, Notre Dame: At 6’6 and 305 pounds, it’s hard not to notice Jerry Tillery on the football field. Tillery is inconsistent due to technique issues, but his upside is evident when he’s playing his best. A wrecking ball who could play all over a defensive line.Dre’Mont Jones, Ohio State: Jones’ case will be interesting due to the fact he’s listed under 280 pounds as a defensive tackle. His speed at the position was to his advantage this year; as he was distributive every week. However teams may be concerned he’s a bit of a tweener.Edge DefenderJachai Polite, Florida: I had Jachai Polite to the Eagles in my most recent mock draft and I stand by that he would be a great fit with the team. His speed off the edge is substantial and his six forced fumbles in 2018 are indicative of his tremendous playmaking ability. If Derek Barnett can return at full strength, they’d make for a dangerous duo going forward.Montez Sweat, Mississippi State: Another fantastic Bulldog prospect; Montez Sweat’s 6’6” frame will have NFL teams intrigued in him. He’s an athletic pass rusher who produced a ton in college, but teams might be concerned with his light playing weight.Rashan Gary, Michigan: Gary is all upside. The Wolverines played the athletic defender all over their line but he never produced like a top prospect. Expect him to test very well and teams to love his potential, as long as he stays at one position.Brian Burns, Florida State: Brian Burns is a fast riser after a phenomenal year in Tallahassee. With 10 sacks this year, Burns showed off he’s an every down playmaker who has great speed and physicality. Jaylon Ferguson, LA Tech: “My guy” during this draft cycle will be one of college football’s most productive players. Ferguson had 45 sacks in for years, including 17.5 last season. Factor in 67.5 career TFLs (26 last year) and Ferguson is a hell of a playmaker. He is a bit undersized at the position Black Brandon Brooks Jerseys , but he’s lightning quick and ready to hurt offenses on any down. Redskins cornerback Josh Norman pushed back Thursday on Eric Reid's criticism of Malcolm Jenkins and The Players Coalition.Reid and Jenkins had a heated exchange before Sunday's game between Reid's Carolina Panthers and Jenkins' Philadelphia Eagles.Jenkins co-founded The Players Coalition, a group focused on racial and social justice. Reid, a former member, took issue with the group's direction and expressed his concerns following the Panthers' 21-17 win."You have fiction people, and then you have non-fiction people," said Norman, who is part of the Coalition's leadership. "The ones who are actually in the room are the non-fiction people, people who actually know the facts of everything, the details."Reid, who signed with the Panthers in September, separated from the socially active coalition last fall and was critical Sunday in part because of the organization's ties to the league.The league is committing $90 million over the next seven years to social justice causes in a three-segment plan that involves players."We believe a lot of players should have stepped up for Colin (Kaepernick)," Reid said Sunday. "I believe Malcolm capitalized on the situation. He co-opted the movement that was started by Colin to get his organization funded. It's cowardly. (Jenkins) sold us out."Following Washington's practice Thursday, Norman spoke for nearly 10 minutes on the issue."(Reid) was part of (The Players Coalition) at one point in time. He went to the direction, of, 'OK, if Kaepernick is not the leader Brandon Brooks Jerseys 2019 , then this is all for none.' Our take was, 'I'm sorry, but if guys voted for (Kaepernick) to be that, then OK, so be it. But it wasn't that.'"Kaepernick did not attend a meeting between players and owners last fall."(Kaepernick) started something at that time which everybody saw, but what did he do with that?" Norman said. "Where was the ball carried from that? What is it doing now? I've got facts to where guys are doing things in the Players Coalition that is making changes, making true changes in what is going on right now."Norman took Reid calling Jenkins a sellout personally."Come on. He's not only coming at (Malcolm), he's coming at our whole entire group, The Players Coalition. My thing is if guys were going to follow (Kaepernick), they would have done it. That's my whole thing. But if you don't have a direction of where you're going with the whole thing, how (are) we going to follow you? I can't follow you to the abyss. ... You've got to have a plan."Norman said he attempted to call Reid multiple times this week. The two played on the same field Oct. 14 when Washington hosted Carolina, but the coalition was not discussed, according to Norman."(Reid) saw me the week before he did everything in Philly. He could have said that. I just feel like that all is for show. The truth of the matter is it's all about the facts."We've got the facts, and there is nothing you can tell me anything different. I don't care about the outside noise or what the people say. They can say whatever they want to, but you're not just about to come up in this group and just talk about (this) and think nobody else is going to say nothing about it."