☐ = Not fixed
☒ = Fixed for the upcoming version

Alpha 4.0.5

☒ Editor: Hotkey sheet is now shown at the side
☒ Editor: Most broken buttons temporarily removed
☐ Editor: Autosave
☐ The level browser should show more information, such as author & gamemodes
☐ Editor: Lots of features are (Obviously) missing in the editor
☐ Editor: Merging two connected nodes into one should be allowed, even on non-endpoints
☐ Editor: There should be a search-merge button to find unconnected nodes in the same place
☐ Hide ghosts when timer condition fails
☐ Slow motion when crashing
☐ Optional proxy race/fuel timer near the rocket

☒ Fixed issue where bullets that bugged outside the level never despawned
☐ Sometimes projectiles pass through the level
☐ Editor: There's still a small memory leak left to patch up
☐ Editor: The prop highlight sometimes get stuck, and show when it shouldn't
☐ Editor: Props are selected even when clicking a prop in the prop browser
☐ Sometimes the slide sound gets stuck as you melee a target or an enemy player
☐ Sometimes you spin out of control when meleeing an enemy player
☐ Rooket is missing a destruction model
☐ When improving your score with another rocket, the existing ghost will switch
☐ 1v1 combat:
- ☐ Non-enclosed levels do not work with 1v1 combat
- ☐ Too tight levels will crash when launching 1v1

☒ Bouncing removed, due to being too unreliable
☐ In 1v1 combat, you sometimes spawn very close to, or in very unfair locations, relative to the enemy player
☐ It's too easy to accidentally skip the winner popup
☐ It's not clear why you could not log in, if you are unable to
☐ If you play an old version of someone's level, it's not very clear that your scores are not uploaded
☐ Editor: Checkpoints and props can easily get lost behind the filler mesh from the splines

☐ Bouncing is still a bit too unreliable, but it's a very tricky issue to solve. Need to think about this more.
☐ Crushing enemies have a bit of a too unpredictable outcome, the collision sometimes bounce you off, and sometimes not, and sometimes you die. A possible solution for consistent behaviour would be to never bounce on them, but to always "pass through", unless you hit it with one of your fragile parts.

Alpha 4.0.4

Alpha 4.0.3

Alpha 4.0.2

Alpha 4.0.1

Alpha 4.0.0
#2 Posted by kamyl 4 years 6 months ago
kamyl
100% complete
23 Forum posts
4 Levels
7 Levels awarded
First! Herp derp.
Textarea is so tiny in edit mode on forum here! But this is a topic for game bugs only, isn't it?
#3 Posted by Acegikmo 4 years 6 months ago
Acegikmo
Flowstorm Developer
100% complete
100 Forum posts
8 Levels
12 Levels awarded

Yeah, this is mostly for the upcoming web alpha 4! I'll make a forum bug/issue thread :)

Also, Google Chrome lets you resize most textareas, not sure if you use that though
#4 Posted by kamyl 4 years 6 months ago
kamyl
100% complete
23 Forum posts
4 Levels
7 Levels awarded
Not only Chrome, but Firefox, Opera and Safari too, but that's not the point. ;)
#5 Posted by kamyl 4 years 6 months ago
kamyl
100% complete
23 Forum posts
4 Levels
7 Levels awarded
*nvm*
(allow us to delete our posts)
#6 Posted by Southgrove 4 years 5 months ago
Southgrove
17% complete
1 Forum post
Heya! Us retards running OSX would like a little GUI button for fullscreen mode. Pressing F11 doesn't register it seems.
#7 Posted by Motorsheep 4 years 5 months ago
Motorsheep
63% complete
27 Forum posts
3 Levels awarded
I have come across two issues which I haven't been able to reproduce reliably so far:

1) Sometimes I can't shoot while accelerating
2) One time I was unable to shoot at all

Both of this happened on "shooting range". If I discover some sort of causal relationship or specific conditions where it happens, I'll let you know.

I guess it also might have been just my keyboard driver freaking out.
#8 Posted by Acegikmo 4 years 5 months ago
Acegikmo
Flowstorm Developer
100% complete
100 Forum posts
8 Levels
12 Levels awarded

Some players have reported this. It might be a keyboard ghosting issue. Which keys are you playing with? Mind that there are multiple ways you can shoot, currently: Space, both shift keys and two gamepad buttons.

Are you using arrow keys and right shift? If I remember correctly, I think that was the set another player reported had issues.

Also, are you sure you hadn't just ran out of ammo? :)
#9 Posted by Motorsheep 4 years 5 months ago
Motorsheep
63% complete
27 Forum posts
3 Levels awarded
I'm using the arrow keys and space.

And, yes, maybe I had run out of ammo. It was only after my above post that I realized ammo is limited :D
#10 Posted by BMCha 4 years 5 months ago
BMCha
19% complete
1 Forum post
I'd like to request a controller toggle. Yes, I do have USB controllers plugged into my PC. No, that does not mean they are 360 controllers. (this seems to be a problem common to many Unity games...) It would be nice to be able to play without having to hold a springloaded axis at exactly the halfway point (which is more or less impossible to do).

The small addition of an "disable controller" checkbox or something would solve this problem.
#11 Posted by Acegikmo 4 years 5 months ago
Acegikmo
Flowstorm Developer
100% complete
100 Forum posts
8 Levels
12 Levels awarded

We'll add this in the next version! (4.0.1) It was implemented a while back, but got lost somewhere in the process of going from a3 to a4.
#12 Posted by nightwatch 4 years 5 months ago
nightwatch
54% complete
6 Forum posts
1 Level
I'm not sure if this is already a feature and I just missed it, but another clock/timer might be nice where it tracks the time spent NOT sliding.
#13 Posted by Acegikmo 4 years 5 months ago
Acegikmo
Flowstorm Developer
100% complete
100 Forum posts
8 Levels
12 Levels awarded
Sounds like a more elaborate air timer :)
We've considered doing more elaborate timers in the sense that race and fuel are always completed, because they aren't boolean.

The cap of the fuel timer is 00:00.00, but what if you don't spend any fuel, but still want to complete it faster? Then there's currently no way of measuring that. So here's how it could work:

Race timer icon - Complete as fast as possible
Fuel timer icon - Complete using as little fuel as possible.
Acceleration timer icon - Complete it while accelerating as much as possible.
Counterclockwise timer icon - Complete it spending as little of your turning time as possible turning right.
Clockwise timer icon - Complete it spending as little of your turning time as possible turning left.
Air timer icon - Complete it spending as little time as possible touching the ground.

It would require a bit more elaborate scoreboard/replay saving though, but I think it can work!
#14 Posted by Motorsheep 4 years 5 months ago
Motorsheep
63% complete
27 Forum posts
3 Levels awarded
Sounds great! So, for example, Clockwise timer icon 00:03:50 would mean 3.50 seconds spent turning clockwise, and maybe Clockwise timer icon with a small clock in the top left corner would mean "completed turning only clockwise in X seconds"?

It would make for very detailed statistics as to how I completed a level in comparison to other players, e.g. "you spent 15 per cent more time/less time accelerating/sliding/turning than the average player, than the top player, this friend, that friend, etc etc.

I would suggest to leave the scoreboard as it is now but make all this info accessible for the player through a separate menu that can, e.g., be opened by clicking on the message that pops up when you reach the finish line.
#15 Posted by pipi 4 years 5 months ago
pipi
56% complete
42 Forum posts
1 Level
how about a timer where you have to complete the race without turning at all ?

.......... 0_o
#16 Posted by Acegikmo 4 years 5 months ago
Acegikmo
Flowstorm Developer
100% complete
100 Forum posts
8 Levels
12 Levels awarded
Well, that's simply getting both Counterclockwise timer icon and Clockwise timer icon at the same time, which is possible
#17 Posted by AzureFlash 4 years 5 months ago
AzureFlash
94% complete
6 Forum posts
I think there should be separate scoreboards for each rocket.

I just got 6.85 seconds acceleration run with the Rooket on Learning Curves, and I'm surrounded with scores made with the standard Rocket, so I'm wondering if I'm the fastest Rooket accelerator on that level ;)

I can't imagine doing it faster, but then again Flowstorm players seem to enjoy doing crazy impossible runs... Just look at the post above me :P
#18 Posted by Acegikmo 4 years 5 months ago
Acegikmo
Flowstorm Developer
100% complete
100 Forum posts
8 Levels
12 Levels awarded
There are lots of ways scoreboards can be split and categorized, but we need to be careful in doing so, as the more hidden your scores are, the less fun are they to achieve! Though it's always fun to have it as an optional sorting method. In the end, you'll be able to set a filter, and show only a specific rocket.
Also, welcome to the forums AzureFlash!
#19 Posted by AzureFlash 4 years 5 months ago
AzureFlash
94% complete
6 Forum posts
Thanks Ace!

I've been playing for a while (look at the leaderboards if you don't believe me, he he he*), and I have a minor sound-related request... I've noticed the respawn sound very quietly trails off for about 2.5 seconds, and as such, since I derpfully crash into the closest wall to the starting point about 90% of the time, I can hear the respawn sound continuously for like 15 minutes on end... I wish it were a lot shorter and more subdued.

* I am fully aware that having bragged automatically puts all of my scores in peril, and that in due time the Koreans will find this game and solve it in a mathematically perfect manner...
#20 Posted by Acegikmo 4 years 5 months ago
Acegikmo
Flowstorm Developer
100% complete
100 Forum posts
8 Levels
12 Levels awarded
The respawn sound was primarily designed for 1v1 multiplater, where it's important to know when and where your enemy spawns. It was put in the respawn function, so it got carried over to the singleplayer part as well, in which it might not be as appropriate.

I really like the sound, but it's almost too positive/loud/long for a respawn sound. I might make it the finish sound instead.
#21 Posted by pipi 4 years 5 months ago
pipi
56% complete
42 Forum posts
1 Level
Multiplayer DEFINATELY needs the rooket option !! hahaha :D I guess it has been already thought of anyways.

I also find that the more I play with shooting, the more I think recoil should be less poweful.. just saying. ;)
#22 Posted by pipi 4 years 4 months ago
pipi
56% complete
42 Forum posts
1 Level
There's a bug when I play multiplayer, sometimes I press really quickly on the fire button but it will hold until maximum projectile velocity and then fire.. it might be happening because there's so many keys that can be pressed and handled from the same keyboard (when both players play on the keyboard)
#23 Posted by WastedMeerkat 4 years 4 months ago
WastedMeerkat
15% complete
2 Forum posts
1 Level
I made a level called "WastedSlope" for alpha 3, and it seems that it crashes the game in alpha 4.0.2. Any idea what's going on or how I can fix it? Opening it up in the level editor also crashes the game, so I can't really change anything. If it's something specifically to do with how I made the map, I may be able to fix it in the level editor for alpha 3, but otherwise I think it might be a problem to do with missing/new assets or the changed file structure.
#24 Posted by Acegikmo 4 years 4 months ago
Acegikmo
Flowstorm Developer
100% complete
100 Forum posts
8 Levels
12 Levels awarded

There have been a few structural changes in the file, so it cannot load old levels.
If you want to convert levels, open it in notepad, remove all lines that are a prop, and then load it in a4, resave, reupload, and it's done.

However, if you want to keep all props, you need to remove the Z scale property from each prop.
"window_hex" is now named "vent_hex", "TargetDummy" is now named "target_dummy".

If you know how to use regex replacement, you can use these to convert levels, and then open in A4, resave, and upload:

(p [-0-9\.E]+ [-0-9\.E]+ [-0-9\.E]+ [-0-9\.E]+ [-0-9\.E]+ )([-0-9\.E]+ )([-0-9a-z_]+)
$1$3

(p .*)window_hex
$1vent_hex

(p .*)TargetDummy
$1target_dummy

And then, open it in A4, and resave it
#25 Posted by WastedMeerkat 4 years 4 months ago
WastedMeerkat
15% complete
2 Forum posts
1 Level
Thanks!

EDIT: Ok, I updated the format for the file. I uploaded the new version to the level center.
#26 Posted by Acegikmo 4 years 4 months ago
Acegikmo
Flowstorm Developer
100% complete
100 Forum posts
8 Levels
12 Levels awarded
Standalone Alpha 4.0.3 is now out, check the first post for download link!

☒ Editor: The massive memory leak in the level editor is now fixed
☒ The standalone now has a version checker
☒ Editor: Spawned spline segments now merges endpoints when spawned on top of one or more nodes
☒ Grenades are now affected by forcefields
#27 Posted by Ravidge 4 years 4 months ago
Ravidge
100% complete
14 Forum posts
14 Levels
3 Levels awarded
Is the fact that you turn at a incredible rate when touching the ground a bug or a feature? It seems extremely deadly for new players who haven't figured out the quirks of the game. They go for a tiny adjustment in rotation and always end up dying, everyone I've shown the game has done this, and after a while I just tell them about it... and then they avoid sliding because they feel it's dangerous.
#28 Posted by Acegikmo 4 years 4 months ago
Acegikmo
Flowstorm Developer
100% complete
100 Forum posts
8 Levels
12 Levels awarded

Both. When you touch the ground, your rotational drag is disabled so you can rotate freely while sliding in curves. Without that, you'd lose speed and/or not follow the shape of the curve and crash.

The issue is, like you say, turning while landing or when going at low speeds in curves. I'm probably going to move the landing spikes further out to the sides, so it's not as sensitive to turning in those situations, plus it gives you more of a margin when you do turn on surfaces.
#29 Posted by Acegikmo 4 years 4 months ago
Acegikmo
Flowstorm Developer
100% complete
100 Forum posts
8 Levels
12 Levels awarded
Standalone Alpha 4.0.4 is now out! Check the first post for the download link :)

☒ Editor: The Prop browser is now more visual
☒ Added sounds in menus and the editor
☒ Editor: Props now highlight when you are hovering it, as well as the prop you have selected
☒ Editor: Props now snap on creation if snapping is on
☒ Editor: Grid snapping is now toggled instead of held
☒ Editor: Chain select implemented
☒ Replaced menu panels and buttons with a modular frame system
☒ Editor: The transform gizmo no longer scales itself
☒ Editor: Props in the prop list can now be clicked to pick
☒ Editor: Escape and the exit button now opens a confirm dialog

#30 Posted by Shmitz 4 years 4 months ago
Shmitz
63% complete
2 Forum posts
9 Levels
In 4.0.4, if I am in Spawnpoint mode in the editor, it's registering ALL left clicks to place new spawnpoints. So if I click "Save" and then click the "Save as" button, it will move the spawnpoint to where the "Save as" button was on the screen (and this happens before saving, so the new spawnpoint sticks).

This caused me a fair bit of confusion when paired with the invisible spawnpoint problem.
#31 Posted by Acegikmo 4 years 4 months ago
Acegikmo
Flowstorm Developer
100% complete
100 Forum posts
8 Levels
12 Levels awarded

Both of these issues are now resolved for sa405 :)
#32 Posted by john458 4 years 3 months ago
john458
1 Forum post
Downloaded the game, launched. In the start window, enter a user name and password, press ENTER and nothing happens (How to enter the game?). Windows 7 64-bit.Please help!!!!!!!!
#33 Posted by Motorsheep 4 years 3 months ago
Motorsheep
63% complete
27 Forum posts
3 Levels awarded
as of this moment, I believe only backers of the first Kickstarter campaign have access to the standalone alpha. You'll have to wait until the new KS campaign or maybe work something out with Ace and Sranine.