header
header
header
> >
#1 Posted by Dogcat250 8 months 4 days ago
Dogcat250
1550 Forum posts
TORONTO -- Toronto Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista has defended his failed attempt to steal third Friday night, saying he was just trying to get something going. With the Jays trailing Boston 5-0 with one out in the fourth inning, Bautista doubled. But after Edwin Encarnacion walked, Bautista was caught trying to steal third. Dioner Navarro then popped up to end the Toronto threat. The Red Sox went on to win 8-1, with Boston starter Jake Peavey calling the failed Bautista steal "a shot in the arm for us." Asked what Bautista was thinking by trying to take third, Toronto manager John Gibbons replied: "Ive got no idea. Its not smart winning baseball. Im sure he wont do it again." Bautistas explanation Saturday was that he was saw an opportunity to improve his teams position. "I thought it was a great chance to get two guys in scoring position, even though we were down 5-0," he said. "Obviously, the only thing I regret is that I didnt make it. "But the pitcher was being slow to the plate. I thought I had a pretty good idea that the pitch was going to be a breaking ball, and I also know that the catchers not the best catch-and-throw catcher in the league. Maybe my lead wasnt that big. Maybe I didnt get off to a great running start. But I thought it was a great opportunity for us to get two runners in scoring position with less than two outs. Sometimes you take chances and it doesnt work out, and thats part of the game. "The only way you can make a mistake is if youre out there on the bases. It just didnt work out for us last night." Bautista clearly hoped Encarnacion might follow his lead on the bases, but said he did not have a chance to flash his teammate a sign. Ryan Groy Jersey . They never thought it would take some blood, too. Kevin Love grabbed his 4,000th career rebound as part of a 19-point, 13-board effort to lead the Timberwolves over the Utah Jazz 112-97 on Tuesday night. Craig Robertson Jersey . Sami Vatanen had a goal and an assist and Anaheim used a four-goal first period to extend their winning streak to six games with a 5-2 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Tuesday night. http://www.cheapsaintsjerseyselite.com/?tag=cheap-cameron-meredith-jersey . Riethers apparent stamp on Manchester United midfielder Adnan Januzaj during Saturdays Premier League match at Craven Cottage was missed by the match officials. A three-man panel of former referees reviewed the incident and all agreed that it was a sending-off offence. Jared Cook Jersey . Catch the action live on TSN2 at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt. The Wild lead the Northwest Division and look to get back into the win column after having a season-high seven-game winning streak cut short with Tuesdays 2-1 loss at Winnipeg in the finale of a five-game road trip (4-1-0). Morten Andersen Jersey . Head coach Corey Chamblin announced on Monday that Avon Cobourne had been hired as the defending Grey Cup champions new running backs coach.GREEN BAY, Wis. - Defensive end-linebacker Mike Neal apparently is returning to the Packers. A posting Wednesday evening on the Twitter account of the unrestricted free agent said "Hi Green Bay!!! Ill enjoy your winters for two more years!!" Messaged left by The Associated Press for Neals agent were not immediately answered. Neal on Twitter later received congratulations from Johnny Jolly, himself an unrestricted free agent who played last year in Green Bay. In his fourth year out of Purdue, Neal last season played more linebacker and rushed from the outside in the Packers 3-4 scheme. It turned out to be an important move with Clay Matthews and Nick Perry missing time due to injuries. Neal had five sacks in 16 games and 10 starts last season, all career highs.dddddddddddd Green Bay on Wednesday did lose safety M.D. Jennings, who signed a one-year deal with the Chicago Bears. Jennings had one interception in 26 starts over the last two seasons. Coach Mike McCarthy has said he would like more impact players across the defence, and the team could turn to the draft to address the safety spot opposite Morgan Burnett. As for Jolly, a message on his Twitter account Tuesday said that he had "great news" from his doctor about the neck injury that knocked him out late last season. The neck fusion had "healed perfectly" and he had a "green light" to start some strength work, Jolly said. ___ AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '