header
> >
#1 Posted by Pabu 4 years 7 months ago
Pabu
100% complete
3 Forum posts
Made this thread to share videos of cool flowstorm runs
Feel free to post yours too ^^
You can use this tag to embed video to your forum post "[.video] url of your video [/video]" (remove the dot from first tag)

I'll add more of my runs later if I happen to record them

Shooting Range fuelrun (0.86)

I try to get as much speed as I can from shooting the 2 bullets at start. Doing this well is crucial in how much fuel is needed to get to 3rd target in top left corner. Rest of the track I do without any fuel.
When sliding to the double targets after 3rd I turn the ship to left before slide ends so I jump little further to crash the lower target consistently.
Before the last target I jump over the starting pipe by using leftover bullet. This doesn't need much force and hitting the last target is easier if next landing is as soft as possible.

Learning Curves fuelrun (0.00)

This one is kind of a trick with optimizing speed of the ship by shooting max-charged bullets at optimal points of flight.
At the start of run let ship slide a bit to left in order to "pipeboost" by rotating after landing spike has crossed the edge of starting pipe. Pipeboosting is useful in many other levels too.
Hard part is the vertical part of the track. Charging of bullet must be started during the upward curve so it can be shot as soon as the rotation of ship is complete. Rotating the ship correctly here is really difficult to do as both the timing of bullet + timing and amount of rotation need to be near perfect. Rest of the level plays itself out
#2 Posted by Acegikmo 4 years 7 months ago
Acegikmo
Flowstorm Developer
100% complete
100 Forum posts
8 Levels
12 Levels awarded
Very well done Pabu, that vertical section on the left plays so fluently!
#3 Posted by BumSqueeze 4 years 7 months ago
BumSqueeze
50% complete
2 Forum posts
3 Levels awarded
Amazing! I can't even complete that level xD
#4 Posted by Sranine 4 years 7 months ago
Sranine
Flowstorm Developer
42% complete
17 Forum posts
1 Level
*seriously impressed*
#5 Posted by autobots 4 years 7 months ago
autobots
48% complete
3 Forum posts
Man, I've been trying to beat this level for a good 2 hours now. Not quitting till I do!
#6 Posted by pipi 4 years 7 months ago
pipi
56% complete
42 Forum posts
1 Level
Wow .. I just realised I freaking suck at this game after all ! haha
#7 Posted by Motorsheep 4 years 7 months ago
Motorsheep
63% complete
27 Forum posts
3 Levels awarded
Don't worry, Pipi, Pabu is completely insane.

Here's a video of me doing an "untouchable" run on Detour. Still a lot of room for improvement, but I'm content for now.

#8 Posted by pipi 4 years 7 months ago
pipi
56% complete
42 Forum posts
1 Level
nice run, when I did this one (and took ages to do) I went thru the holes in the middle but I guess it's less hassle just taking the right curve.

I'd like to see Pabu or Acegikmo fuel run on first level I mean .. 0.00 ? really?
#9 Posted by Motorsheep 4 years 7 months ago
Motorsheep
63% complete
27 Forum posts
3 Levels awarded
The holes might be the quicker route though if you really know what you're doing. Will try :D

Also, regarding the fuel runs: Yeah, if you wiggle the rocket around in the right spots, it's apparently possible.. Never really tried fuel runs. Actually, I've never really done anything else than "untouchable".
#10 Posted by lokatt 4 years 6 months ago
lokatt
100% complete
10 Forum posts
3 Levels
Wow, well played Pabu! .. and you too Motorsheep! :P

Recorded some shooting range, air run.. :)
#11 Posted by Ravidge 4 years 6 months ago
Ravidge
100% complete
14 Forum posts
14 Levels
3 Levels awarded

Very nice! I went around getting the Air timer icon times on all the maps and Shooting range gave me the most trouble by far.
However now that you've beaten me I have no choice but to try harder! I use a different route though, let's see if I can improve on it...

Always fun to see people doing these awesome runs, I just wish I could record too, but it lags me too much to be able record anything impressive.
#12 Posted by lokatt 4 years 6 months ago
lokatt
100% complete
10 Forum posts
3 Levels
haha that 1st place didn't last very long :D
#13 Posted by Acegikmo 4 years 6 months ago
Acegikmo
Flowstorm Developer
100% complete
100 Forum posts
8 Levels
12 Levels awarded
Nice run and video lokatt! And yes, Ravidge and I had a little Air timer icon battle :D
#14 Posted by lokatt 3 years 8 months ago
lokatt
100% complete
10 Forum posts
3 Levels
:)
#15 Posted by Sranine 3 years 8 months ago
Sranine
Flowstorm Developer
42% complete
17 Forum posts
1 Level
Hey that's amazing! I'm seriously impressed. I think I have to play some now, too. :]
#16 Posted by lokatt 3 years 8 months ago
lokatt
100% complete
10 Forum posts
3 Levels
Thank you! :>
#17 Posted by Motorsheep 3 years 5 months ago
Motorsheep
63% complete
27 Forum posts
3 Levels awarded
It's still such a great game. I hope you guys are all doing fine :).