header
header
header
> >
#1 Posted by Dogcat250 7 months 2 weeks ago
Dogcat250
1550 Forum posts
Gareth Southgate says football is a sport he loves but the interim England manager admits there are aspects of the football industry he does not like. Reports by the Daily Telegraphs investigation team over the past week have shone a light on an unedifying side of the sport, with allegations made against several high-profile footballing figures.Sam Allardyce left his position as England manager after comments made to undercover reporters, and, while insisting he knew little about the details of the Telegraph investigation, Southgate is clearly disheartened about some aspects about the sport. Englands interim manager Gareth Southgate is looking for stability as he prepares to take charge of the team in the World Cup qualifiers against Malta and I have to say Im involved in a sport that I love and an industry that at times I dont like, he said. The detail of what happened last week, Im not too au fait with.Ive heard names mentioned and bits of information but I dont have the detail so I dont think I can speculate about what might or might not have happened. WATCH NOW TV Watch Sky Sports for just £6.99. No contract The 46-year-old says there are many different areas of the industry he does particularly like, but the chance to improve the countrys best is his only focus.I started kicking a ball around with my dad and my granddad and my one aim was to play for England at Wembley, Southgate said. I fulfilled that dream. Sam Allardyce leaves his home the day after losing his job as England manager I love the sport, I love watching it, I love taking part in it, so to be manager of my country, having played for my country as many times as I did, then I feel it is an honour and privilege and I am really looking forward to it.That is sport at its purest form. Its what I love. Not just football. That challenge, having to go across the white line and put yourself on the block. That is what it is always about. Im always drawn to the [Theodore] Roosevelt quote. Stuart Pearce expects Marcus Rashford to start at least one of Englands World Cup qualifiers against Malta and Slovenia after being selected by Gareth Sou At times you have got to step forward and you have got to take a risk. You have got to put yourself in that situation. To be in that position is a privilege.The passage Southgate refers to is called The Man in the Arena and was in a speech by former United States president Theodore Roosevelt.It is about somebody being involved in a situation that requires great courage - attributes that appear necessary at a time when English football has been thrown into a tailspin.Southgate is keen to now move away from the background noise of the past week and avoided expanding on the aspects of football he does not like, preferring to focus on getting the team ready for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Malta and Slovenia.Asked if he had any reservations about taking interim control, he said: None whatsoever. None.I think experience gives you a feel of what is right at certain times. My feel was that this was a moment when it was right to step up and put myself forward. Andros Townsend has been recalled to the England squad I felt best placed to do that. We have got to give the players the best opportunity to succeed in the three qualifiers coming up.You can watch Englands tour of Bangladesh, plus Premier League football and the Japan Grand Prix on Sky Sports. Upgrade now and enjoy three months at half price! Also See: Townsend replaces Sterling Southgate: Rooney our leader England name Rashford, Lingard Quinn doubts FA will step up Josh Allen Jaguars Jersey .com) - Chris Kreider tallied a goal and an assist as the New York Rangers capped a successful California road trip with a 3-1 victory over the San Jose Sharks on Saturday. Chris Conley Youth Jersey . Luke Wileman and I stood in the corridor outside of the Vancouver Whitecaps dressing room at BC Place in Vancouver. http://www.authenticjaguarslockroom.com/Youth-Jawaan-Taylor-Elite-Jersey/ . Returning to Davis Cup tennis, Federer cruised past Ilija Bozoljac, winning 6-4, 7-5, 6-2 in less than two hours. Federer faced little challenge from Bozoljac, who served well but still was no match for his Swiss opponent. Gardner Minshew II Womens Jersey . - After three days of light, make that very light, workouts, Team Irvin and Team Carter are ready for tonights Pro Bowl. Telvin Smith Jersey . -- Cordell Cato scored his first goal of the season and the San Jose Earthquakes survived a full half playing a man down to beat FC Dallas 2-1 Saturday night. SAN FRANCISCO -- Yasiel Puig tied a franchise record with three triples and added a double and two RBIs as the Los Angeles Dodgers moved within a half-game of NL West-leading San Francisco by beating the Giants 8-1 on Friday night. The Dodgers matched a club record with five triples, including three during a five-run fifth inning that chased Tim Lincecum (9-7). It was the most triples in a game for the franchise since 1921 and most by a Dodgers player since Brooklyns Jimmy Sheckard had three in 1901. Zack Greinke (12-6) tossed seven innings of four-hit ball, striking out 10 and walking one. Tyler Colvin hit an RBI single in the ninth for San Franciscos only run. Greinke recorded another rare feat on a night full of them: he struck out four batters in the third after a wild pitch allowed Hunter Pence to reach base on a swinging strike three. Even with all of Greinkes greatness, the game belonged to Puig and the triple-crazed hitters in blue. The performances at the plate came after Dodgers manager Don Mattingly shook up his crowded outfield, putting Puig in centre, moving Matt Kemp -- who had three hits, including a triple -- to right and starting Carl Crawford in left. Puig got things going with a hard-hit fly ball to centre with one out in the first inning, flipping his bat as he sprinted out of the box. Two fans -- one wearing a Giants jersey, the other in a Dodgers uniform -- battled for the ball as it approached the wall, knocking it back on the field. Puig hustled to third, and umpires kept him there following a video review. Adrian Gonzalez followed with a sharp single tto right to score Puig and give Los Angeles a 1-0 lead.dddddddddddd. The Dodgers did most of their damage in a wild fifth. Puig and Dee Gordon hit back-to-back RBI triples, and Kemp had a two-run triple as the Dodgers scored five runs in the inning. Puig added his third triple to right-centre off reliever Juan Gutierrez in the sixth to extend the Dodgers lead to 7-0. He thought he had another extra-base hit when he flied out to deep centre in the eighth. The last player with three triples in a game was Denard Span for Minnesota in 2010. Lincecum was charged with six runs and nine hits in 4 1-3 innings. His start came after getting two outs in Tuesday nights 14-inning win in Philadelphia for his first career save. Giants manager Bruce Bochy said he didnt expect Lincecum to be tired from the extra appearance because the right-hander usually throws a bullpen session on that day between starts. Either way, it was Lincecums worst start since giving up eight runs in 4 1-3 innings at Cincinnati on June 3. The night was even shorter for his catcher. Hector Sanchez took a foul tip from Gonzalez off his mask in the third. Sanchez struck out in the bottom of the inning before Buster Posey moved from first to catcher to begin the fourth. NOTES: Dodgers SS Hanley Ramirez returned after missing three games with a left wrist injury. He went 2 for 5 with one RBI. ... The announced crowd of 41,753 was San Franciscos 300th consecutive regular-season sellout. ... Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw (11-2, 1.92 ERA) starts opposite Giants RHP Ryan Vogelsong (5-7, 3.99 ERA) on Saturday night. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '