header
header
header
> >
#1 Posted by Dogcat250 7 months 1 week ago
Dogcat250
1550 Forum posts
Ashburn, VA (SportsNetwork.com) - Colt McCoy will return to the starting quarterback role for the Washington Redskins. Redskins coach Jay Gruden confirmed Wednesday the benching of Robert Griffin III, who had started the past three games after recovering from a dislocated ankle suffered in Week 2. Colts going to start this week, Gruden told reporters on a conference call Wednesday. Hes done some good things. I felt like he deserved a bit of a promotion. The Redskins have lost all three games since Griffins return, falling to 3-8. Griffin has been sacked 16 times in losses to Minnesota, Tampa Bay and San Francisco, and last Sunday against the 49ers completed 11-of-19 passes for just 106 yards with a lost fumble in the 17-13 setback. Im not putting the blame all on Robert, it seems that way when you make a change at that position, Gruden added. Robert has done some good things. I think he needs a little more time in this system and needs to take a step back and learn. Right now, I felt like Colt would give us a better chance this week. McCoy led the Redskins to each of their last two victories. He replaced an ineffective Kirk Cousins in the second half of the Redskins Week 7 matchup against Tennessee and rallied the team to a 19-17 decision, then led the way in an overtime road upset of Dallas a week later. In his limited action, McCoy has connected on 36-of-42 throws for 427 yards with a touchdown and an interception. He finished 25-of-30 for 299 yards in the 20-17 win at Dallas in Week 8. Griffin has completed 69.7 percent of his passes for 869 yards with two touchdowns and three interceptions in his five starts this season. He has also been sacked 20 times, and has run for 100 yards on 22 carries. Hes not happy, nor did I expect him to be, Gruden said when asked how Griffin reacted to the decision. Griffins future with the Redskins could also become a topic of consideration, as the team must decide during the offseason whether to exercise an option to extend his contract through 2016. Lonnie Johnson Womens Jersey . Bjoerndalen broke the record he shared with cross-country skiing great Bjoern Daehlie, also matching his fellow Norwegians record of eight gold medals. Bjoerndalen earlier won gold in Sochi in the mens sprint biathlon. Max Scharping Womens Jersey . -- Center Max Unger and tight end Zach Miller are both probable for the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday against the New York Giants and Percy Harvins recovery continues to be slow. http://www.officialhoustontexanspro.com/Tytus-howard-texans-jersey/ . Orlov, who scored two goals in the game, was assessed a major penalty for boarding on the play. The Flyers scored once on the power play and again with the extra attacker with 65 seconds remaining to send the game to overtime. Arian Foster Jersey . Hes still nowhere close to throwing yet. The four-time MVP was in good spirits when he made his first public appearance on the field since having neck surgery Sept. DOnta Foreman Texans Jersey . Louis Blues brought in the premier unrestricted free agent centre, and did it without breaking the bank.LONDON - Susie Wolff was promoted to official test driver for Williams for the 2015 Formula One season on Friday, increasing her chances of becoming the first female racer on the grid since 1976.Wolff will build on her three seasons as the teams development driver by taking part in the first two practice sessions at races still to be determined, as well as two test days. She will also conduct extensive simulator testing to help with the development of Williams new cars.If Valtteri Bottas or Felipe Massa were to miss a race next season, the 31-year-old Wolff would be first to step into the seat.This is another step in the right direction for me, Wolff said.dddddddddddd I am delighted Williams are recognizing my progression, hard work and it is performance that counts.Italian driver Lella Lombardi was the last woman to race in F1.Wolff drove in practice ahead of races in Britain and Germany this year, becoming the first female driver to take part in a grand prix weekend in two decades.She has steadily increased her time behind the wheel since she joined us in April 2012, deputy team principal Claire Williams said, and her appointment as official test driver was a natural progression. ' ' '