header
header
header
> >
#1 Posted by Dogcat250 7 months 1 week ago
Dogcat250
1550 Forum posts
Wayne Rooney says he will not retire from international football and has vowed to regain his place in Englands starting line-up. The countrys most capped outfield player and all-time top scorer took his place among the substitutes in Slovenia for their World Cup qualifier on Tuesday after interim boss Gareth Southgate took the decision to drop the 30-year-old.Rooney has struggled for form and a regular place in the Manchester United team in recent weeks but used former team-mate Ryan Giggs as an example of how players can change their game as they get older. Rooney say he respects England interim manager Gareth Southgates decision to drop him to the bench against Slovenia Watch NOW TV Watch Sky Sports for just £6.99. No contract. I am 30 years of age, Rooney said. I am not 35 or 36 where you are thinking, Can you get back from it?I will just keep working. I have said before that I will not stop playing for England and then think of going to Dubai for a few days in the international break. After the summer it would have been easy for me to walk away and say: Thats it, Ive had enough, but thats not me.I feel I have a lot to offer and Ive made that clear, certainly until the World Cup in Russia. Thats what I want. Im not suddenly going to turn round and say: Im not playing, Im not going to turn up. I will turn up when called upon and be ready. Rooney during a walkaround in Ljubliana Ryan Giggs at 30 wasnt the same player he was at 18 and he played until he was 40. Theres lots of examples out there you can use - players re-evaluate and work out the best way to move forwards. Im sure that will happen with me.I am not naive in terms of thinking that I am still a 20-year-old. I understand that. My game is different to that of a 20-year-old, but I also think I have qualities that can help move this team forward. Im not denying its a difficult moment but I have to show the right attitude, try to be positive and make sure I am supportive of my team-mates. Rooney used Ryan Giggs as an example for changing his game The England captains demotion to the bench in Ljubljana came after a smattering of fans went as far as to boo Rooney during Saturdays 2-0 win over Malta at Wembley - a reaction he claimed not to have heard.Against Southgates initial advice, Rooney wanted to speak at the pre-match news conference, giving forthright answers to the media. Southgate drops Rooney and promotes Jordan Henderson to captain side against Slovenia Ive played 13 years non-stop for England, given everything, and a time comes when youre not the first name on the team-sheet, like I have been in the past, he said.I think there are many people playing in the Premier League and around the country who would only dream of being part of an England squad.Ive done it 117 times, but of course a time comes where there might be a bit of a change, but all I can do is keep working and turning up, so that I am ready when called upon. Southgate speaks next to Rooney during an England press conference I understand this is part of football. It is something which you have to go through and I am big enough to deal with it.On Monday night, former England captain John Terry took to social media to urge the nations fans to show respect for the Manchester United skipper. Right call over Rooney? Read pundit verdict and have your say... Terry wrote on Instagram: Wayne Rooney Englands highest record goalscorer in the history of our game.Soon to be the most capped player our great country has ever produced.One of the very best players I have seen and had the pleasure playing with in my lifetime and a man who has given everything for England.An absolute LEGEND at Everton, Man Utd, England and world football.We should all show more respect to this great player and man.Lets all get behind Wayne and the England team tomorrow.You can watch Englands tour of Bangladesh, plus Premier League football and the British Masters on Sky Sports. Upgrade now and enjoy three months at half price! Also See: Slovenia v England preview Right call over Rooney? Rooney sub, Henderson captain Rooney accepts demotion Cris Carter Womens Jersey . But defending champion Elena Vesnina of Russia held off a strong challenge to beat Shuai Peng of China 6-3, 6-4, and there was another hard-fought victory for 2012 runner-up Angelique Kerber of Germany, who defeated Alison Riske of the United States 7-6 (6), 6-4. Garrett Bradbury Youth Jersey . Louis Cardinals on Sunday afternoon; a brief, poor outing that served to highlight two trends that have developed this season. http://www.authenticvikingspro.com/Alexander-mattison-vikings-jersey/ . -- ETwaun Moore had 14 points in 30 minutes, and the Orlando Magic defeated the Detroit Pistons 87-86 on Sunday night. John Randle Youth Jersey . With the Pirates in the thick of the race in the NL Central, the timing couldnt be better. Liriano struck out a season-high 11 in seven innings to win consecutive starts for the first time this season and Pittsburgh beat the San Francisco Giants 3-1 on Tuesday night. Dru Samia Womens Jersey . "That was a great lift for the staff," Padres manager Bud Black said. Yonder Alonso and Yasmani Grandal homered, and Chase Headley drove in three runs, as the Padres beat the Chicago Cubs 11-1 on Friday night.(CCA) - Canadas Braden Calvert will be playing for the bronze medal after an extra-end loss to Switzerland in the Page 3-4 playoff on Tuesday at the World Junior Curling Championships in Switzerland. Calvert and his team of Kyle Kurz, Lucas Van Den Bosch, Brendan Wilson, alternate Matt Dunstone and coach Tom Clasper earned their spot in the playoffs by finishing in third place in the round robin with a 6-3 record. "Were a little disappointed right now," said Calvert immediately after the game. "We played a lot better in the second half after getting off to a sluggish start. We didnt really make the other team make too difficult shots." Both teams stuck to defence, and after eight ends the score was tied 3-3. Switzerland scored two in the ninth, but Calvert was able to force the extra end with a perfect draw for two on his last shot of the 10th. In the extra end, Switzerland missed a couple of tick shots, allowing Canada to draw around and lie one. With his last, Calvert drew the front off the four-foot to lie two, and Schwaller elected to try the double take-out.dddddddddddd. His shooter just hung on for the score of one and a ticket to the semifinal. "It was a really, really tough game," said Swiss skip Schwaller. "It was so close in the end, maybe just a few centimetres in it, just crazy. We played really defensively, that was the key to winning. Canadian curling always involves a lot of stones and guards - we wanted to play defensively and not play their game." Tuesday afternoon, Schwaller will play Norways Eirik Mjoeen, who lost to Scotlands Kyle Smith in the Page 1-2 playoff game. Smith goes directly to Wednesdays final, where he will try to defend his 2013 world junior championship title. Canada will face the loser of the semifinal between Norway and Switzerland in the bronze medal game on Wednesday at 7am et/4am pt, and Calvert says the Canadians will be ready. "I think well get rested and fired up to play the bronze medal game," he said. ' ' '