header
header
header
> >
#1 Posted by darkhog 4 years 7 months ago
darkhog
13% complete
1 Forum post
Currently game is very frustrating (like most games like this, including my own The Missile), but I'd like to have some resistance for the ship so it won't get so easily destroyed.

Nothing big, just so it will be able to withstand 3 or so hits. This would change this game from frustratingly hard, to hard but fun.
#2 Posted by pipi 4 years 7 months ago
pipi
56% complete
42 Forum posts
1 Level
The game is in Alpha, so sometimes you'll crash just by slightly touching the very bottom side of the rocket. I've mentioned it on another thread that the basic rocket should be more noob friendly though (for people like you and me lol).
#3 Posted by Acegikmo 4 years 7 months ago
Acegikmo
Flowstorm Developer
100% complete
100 Forum posts
8 Levels
12 Levels awarded

It's quite central to the game that you crash in just one hit. If you have some kind of velocity based damage system, it will most likely just lead to edge-case exploits to get the very best time, which are very hard to understand, see and use.
Instantly exploding on touch is much more tangible :)

However, we will have another rocket, that's much more newbie-friendly, called Rooket. It's not as fast, and has aerial drag, to make it a bit easier to control in the air, which means less responsibility to cancel out velocity at all times. It will still explode on touch though, but it doesn't have as large wings.
#4 Posted by kamyl 4 years 7 months ago
kamyl
100% complete
23 Forum posts
4 Levels
7 Levels awarded
I do think that one hit crash should stay. It's not "nothing big". It would change everything.

But I wouldn't mind to have a ship that is surrounded by indestructible "leg", so there is no way to destroy your ship. Just for fun, for your selected maps. And hey, still great to compete with others if map is well designed for such ship/rocket, as everyone would have the same chances.
#5 Posted by Motorsheep 4 years 7 months ago
Motorsheep
63% complete
27 Forum posts
3 Levels awarded
I agree that rockets should break immediately when their fragile parts come in contact with a wall.

However, it might make sense for multiplayer shootouts to have some kind of armor or shield surrounding your ship that will absorb one (or more, depending on the rocket) hit.
#6 Posted by kamyl 4 years 7 months ago
kamyl
100% complete
23 Forum posts
4 Levels
7 Levels awarded

Good idea. 2 or 3 "hp" would be also pretty fun to play. Maybe even less random? (so more skilled?)
#7 Posted by I_am_Norwegian 4 years 7 months ago
I_am_Norwegian
48% complete
2 Forum posts
I would love to have a sled, that would be awesome to slide around with. I love the one-touch destruction, but I would prefer if the main ship didn't have those small wings that fuck up your shit all the time.