header
header
header
> >
#1 Posted by chenyan94 5 months 4 weeks ago
chenyan94
97 Forum posts
came when the Raiders made the top pass rusher in the two-time National Championship Clemson Tigers their selection at 4th overall. It was the collective gasp..."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Raiders StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Raiders NewsYahoo Raiders Team PageYahoo Raiders ReportYahoo Raiders Depth ChartYahoo Raiders TransactionsYahoo Raiders PhotosOdds About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕Raiders Draft 2019Five Clelin Ferrell questions with Clemson writer: Should we really be surprised he was drafted so high? Is the ‘no bend’ criticism justified? MoreNew P.J. Hall Jersey ,142commentsPDTShareTweetShareShareFive Clelin Ferrell questions with Clemson writer: Should we really be surprised he was drafted so high? Is the ‘no bend’ criticism justified? MoreOakland RaidersThe first big shock of the 2019 draft came when the Raiders made the top pass rusher in the two-time National Championship Clemson Tigers their selection at 4th overall. It was the collective gasp heard round the world. After all, mock drafts said Ferrell was going to be taken at least ten spots lower and below several other pass rushers.While I had the Raiders doing exactly as Mike Mayock said they would’ve liked to have done — that is trade down inside the top ten and select Ferrell there — all the heads exploding at the pick seemed a bit much. I wondered if those who knew Ferrell best felt that way. So, I asked him. I spoke with Ryan Kantor of SB Nation Clemson blog Shakin the Southland and tossed five questions at him about Ferrell. 1. One of the stranger things I saw during this draft process was how Clelin Ferrell kept dropping down on the mock drafts. Do you have any ideas why that was?2. How stunned were you that Ferrell was selected at 4th overall? Honestly, do you think that was higher than he should have gone?3. I have heard the criticism of Ferrell that he has no bend. I didn’t find that to be accurate when I watched his tape before the draft. Do you think that criticism is justified in any way? 4. What would you say is Ferrell’s biggest strengths? 5. What are his biggest weaknesses?I answered some of his questions as well. See those here.Follow @LeviDamien We check on each Raiders position ahead of camp to give it a condition of either Strong, Stable, Unstable, Serious, or Critical." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesSilver And Black Pride homepageHorizontal - WhiteSilver And Black Pridean Oakland Raiders communityFollow Silver And Black Pride online:Follow Silver And Black Pride on TwitterFollow Silver And Black Pride on FacebookLog in or sign upLog InSign UpSite searchSearchSearchSilver And Black Pride main menuFanpostsFanshotsRaidersOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 321 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Raiders StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Raiders NewsYahoo Raiders Team PageYahoo Raiders ReportYahoo Raiders Depth ChartYahoo Raiders TransactionsYahoo Raiders PhotosOdds About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕What condition Raiders position is in heading into 2019 training camp: Offensive guardNew,74commentsWe check on each Raiders position ahead of camp to give it a condition of either Strong, Stable, Unstable, Serious, or Critical.PDTStarters: Richie Incognito, Gabe JacksonBackups: Denzelle Good Johnny Townsend Jersey , Denver Kirkland, Lester Cotton Sr, Lukayus McNeilThe pair of Kelechi Osemele and Gabe Jackson had been one of the best in the league. But after an injury caused Osemele to have a rough 2018 season, the Raiders thought he wasn’t worth his $10 contract and dumped him for a low round pick.Initially it looked like Denzelle Good would be his replacement. The former Colt was claimed off waivers late last season and started three games. He showed well the final two of those starts, but making him the starter just like that would have been a risky situation.Instead the Raiders added even more risk in the form of Richie Incognito. The 35-year-old has a long track record of behavioral problems that have led to multiple arrests and league suspensions including missing the entire 2014 season for bullying and accusations of racial slurs during his time with the Dolphins. He was out of football last season after a surprise retirement and is currently looking at the possibility of being suspended multiple games for several off field incidents over the past year.Even with Gabe Jackson’s usual steady presence, there is the chance that he may not be a fit for Tom Cable’s downhill zone scheme. Most of the line had issues with it last season. That is more that fault of Cable’s coaching than any fault of Jackson’s, but it may not matter.Kirkland is a fringe roster player and Cotton and McNeil are both undrafted rookies.Condition: SeriousNot only did the team trade away Osemele, but they also let Jon Feliciano leave as a free agent. And they didn’t replace either one. It seemed like a logical plan to use one of their four picks in the top 35 picks on a guard, specifically with their three picks at 24, 27, and 35, but they instead went with a running back and two defensive backs. In fact, they didn’t draft an offensive lineman at all. It’s pretty strange looking at the seriously suspect condition of this position after being either solid or strong there the past few years.