header
header
header
> >
#1 Posted by liny195 3 months 3 weeks ago
liny195
537 Forum posts
More Tampa Bay Buccaneers newsBuccaneers make big step forward avoiding 0-2 startBucs’ running game shows signs of life with 2nd-year RB Ronald Jones II leading wayJameis Winston throws 3 INTs Jacquizz Rodgers Jersey White , Buccaneers drop season-opener to 49ersBuccaneers edge Browns 13-12 behind K Matt Gay’s game-winnerBruce Arians gets 1st win with Bucs against surprise starter Josh Rosen, DolphinsSuh, who helped the Rams make the Super Bowl last season, has agreed to terms with the Buccaneers as a replacement for Gerald McCoy.McCoy was released earlier this week after nine seasons with the Bucs, who selected him third overall in the 2010 draft — one spot after Suh was taken by the Detroit Lions.Comparisons between the defensive tackles began when they were rivals in college, with McCoy played at Oklahoma and Suh for Nebraska. Both have worn No. 93 as pros, McCoy is a six-time Pro Bowl selection with 54 1/2 sacks in 123 career games, while Suh’s a three-time All-Pro who’s been picked for the Pro Bowl five times and has 56 sacks in 142 games with the Lions, Miami Dolphins and Los Angeles Rams.They also established themselves among the best at their position in the NFL with contrasting styles, with Suh gaining a reputation as a dirty player because of several on-field incidents, McCoy often drawing criticism from Tampa Bay fans who complained he was too nice to opponents.In 2011, Suh was suspended two games for stomping on former Green Bay Packers offensive lineman Evan Smith, who’s now a teammate in Tampa Bay.Suh, who also played for Miami, made $14 million on a one-year contract last season in Los Angeles. He’ll make about $4 million less with the Bucs, who also freed up money to pay some of the club’s unsigned draft picks by dumping McCoy’s $13 million salary for 2019. Buccaneers defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul may have a serious neck injury, but when he called 911 after a one-car wreck Brent Grimes Jersey , he told dispatchers he was fine.According to Rick Stroud of the , the 911 call and police report from Pierre-Paul detailed how he lost control of his red Ferrari and hit a wall on Interstate 95 on May 2.In audio of the call first obtained by Andy Slater of 640 The Hurricane, Pierre-Paul told the Florida Highway Patrol dispatcher he wasn’t hurt, but needed his car moved.“Hey, I’m on the middle of the highway and I’m by the Fort Lauderdale airport, International Boulevard by the sign Davie Boulevard, and my car just did a 360 in the middle of the road and I’m headed south. I mean north,” Pierre-Paul said.Asked if he hit anything, he replied: “Yeah, I hit the median, but I’m okay. It’s right in the middle. It has to be moved or a cop has to come, or somebody is going to hit it.”The police report filed on the incident said he “lost control” and “ran off the roadway to the left. As a result, the vehicle started to rotate and the right side collided with a concrete barrier.”Pierre-Paul and his passenger were taken to a nearby hospital, but the FHP report said he was “apparently normal” at the time of the crash.Since then, concerns have arisen about his condition, and whether he’d need surgery which could keep him out five to six months.