header
> >
#1 Posted by kamyl 4 years 5 months ago
kamyl
100% complete
23 Forum posts
4 Levels
7 Levels awarded
I don't like Soft Aim. It slower my ship, it slower my moves and reduces my possibilities. It is even more ridiculous if you play as Fatty Rocket with this shit enabled.

I really can't see how Soft Aim can help you with shooting with Fatty, but maybe it might help some people with shooting with Classic Blue Rocket (I know there ARE some people who prefer Soft Aim on).

Let's get to the point.

Imagine that you have similar thing as that something below in the game. You can choose what options/features/helpers you want to be on for every single rocket.

Rocket SA CH SOO
Storm rocket ☒ ☐ ☐
Rooket ☐ ☒ ☐
Storm rocket ☒ ☐ ☐
Storm rocket ☒ ☐ ☒
Storm rocket ☒ ☒ ☒

SA is Soft Aim, CH is crosshair thing that was suggested by someone else, and SOO stands for 'some other option' that could invented in the future.
Last 3 rows/rockets are placeholders for future rockets, obviously.

The advantage is, you don't need to change SA every time you pick another rocket (assuming you like SA to be on and SA doesn't make sense for Fatty Fat Fat rocket aka rooket).

Also, make tables possible to do here on forum.
And for now, you can quote that post, so you can see "the table" better (tabs are there)
#2 Posted by pipi 4 years 4 months ago
pipi
56% complete
42 Forum posts
1 Level
good idea, i agree on this, should be implement later on though, im pretty sure there are more important matters to attend to in the alpha stage dont you think?

.... like renaming Rooket to Fatty phat fat

xD
#3 Posted by kamyl 4 years 4 months ago
kamyl
100% complete
23 Forum posts
4 Levels
7 Levels awarded
Well, Soft Aim is enabled every time I launch the game even if I turn this shit off. It bothers me a lot, because I forget about it being enabled and it waste my first run. But just one run is nothing compared to 10000 others runs that ended with crash. The thing is, that one run is wasted not because of me, but "because of the game" and it really annoys.

So btw. when I crash in Flowstorm, I know why and I know it's because I failed (and I can get better), not because the game control is fucked up. It's just like in Super Meat Boy where control feeling is brilliant. Good job, making steering rockets very "clear".

About renaming rockets, yeah! I prefer my names too ;D
#4 Posted by Acegikmo 4 years 4 months ago
Acegikmo
Flowstorm Developer
100% complete
100 Forum posts
8 Levels
12 Levels awarded
Sure! Very low priority at the moment though, as it's per-launch, not per-level or something like that