header
header
> >
#1 Posted by pipi 6 years 10 months ago
pipi
56% complete
42 Forum posts
1 Level
Hey there guys, I've just finished my first custom level.. I'd like you the small active community to test it if possible and give me your feedback ! I made it over this weekend. It has various paths for all the different timers

I haven't been able to finish it as Acceleration timer icon and Counterclockwise timer icon yet but I know its possible ;)

Download here
#2 Posted by Acegikmo 6 years 10 months ago
Acegikmo
Flowstorm Developer
100% complete
100 Forum posts
8 Levels
12 Levels awarded
I'm liking the whole scrappy theme of the level, looks nice!

I'm sort of missing a few checkpoints though, seems a bit odd to have such a large map with a short path taken. That said, I probably haven't played it enough to try the different routes
#3 Posted by pipi 6 years 10 months ago
pipi
56% complete
42 Forum posts
1 Level
thanks for trying it Ace

ya, I made it so every timer has a different optimal path, except Race timer icon and Clockwise timer icon shares the same one. So I had to give up a few checkpoints for that.

EDIT: there's also a good portion of the map for the Fuel timer icon timer (big lover of this type of race hehe)

and I see you've beaten all my times damn it
#4 Posted by Acegikmo 6 years 10 months ago
Acegikmo
Flowstorm Developer
100% complete
100 Forum posts
8 Levels
12 Levels awarded
I play pretty much the same route for Race timer iconAcceleration timer iconCounterclockwise timer iconClockwise timer iconAir timer icon, the only timer that takes a completely different path is Fuel timer icon, at least for me :)

(I probably didn't find all the fastest ways though)
#5 Posted by pipi 6 years 10 months ago
pipi
56% complete
42 Forum posts
1 Level
Oh, well I guess you can use the top left route for most timers.. Maybe I failed at my goal of making different paths !

I know at least that it's easier to go thru the big loop at the bottom of the level when you go for Acceleration timer icon because thats how I did it with the Rooket, hehe.

I'll make something better for my next level ;)
#6 Posted by Acegikmo 6 years 9 months ago
Acegikmo
Flowstorm Developer
100% complete
100 Forum posts
8 Levels
12 Levels awarded
It's really hard to predict the fastest paths, there's no way of knowing without testing a *lot*.
Multiple checkpoints help differentiate the modes though!
Looking forward to your future levels :)